Veneers, also called porcelain veneers, laminate veneers, or dental veneers are probably the most esthetic means of creating a more pleasing and beautiful smile. Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by our in-house professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
Veneers have a variety of uses such as, to fix chipped teeth, to improve color and shape of teeth, to seal small gaps, or to help align teeth. Using an adhesive substance, the thin shell-like veneer is bonded to the tooth, leaving you with a superb row of beautiful teeth. Veneers generally take 3 hours in total at the dentist (around 3 visits) and involve molding the teeth, a "trial fitting" and last of all, bonding the veneer to the tooth. Veneers are strong and durable, and will last around 10-15 years.
Common problems that Veneers will address:
- Spaces between the teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
Veneers are often referred to "Instant Orthodontics". A substantial aesthetic effect can be obtained with a veneer and minimal tooth preparation is required. Veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution in treating many dental conditions.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- They won’t discolor with age, as normal teeth do
- They require minimal modification to existing teeth
- Many teeth can be corrected at one time
- Veneers are handcrafted to fit your unique smile
- Veneers can make dark or stained teeth brighter
- Minor overlaps and small gaps disappear
- They look and feel just like normal teeth